My Monero Experience
The Taushet USB Monero Cold Wallet Generator is a pre-packaged, pre-hashed and pre-zipped collection of the tools required to make a secure wallet that only requires a single checking/security hash. It takes around 10 minutes to make a secure cold wallet. The tool has been hashed and verified by many community members (see here).
The full instructions can be found on the reddit post,
What you need:
- 1 x taushet-USB-wallet-gen.zip
- 3 x USB thumbdrives
- download https://mega.nz/#!iQ1QwACY!63LgepwldjgfBkH8WaXxyGPQ4f5JOvg54Zd4vhtwQdw
- Physically disconnect from the internet.
- Check that the hash (md5) of the file matches those on the reddit post.
MD5 (taushet-USB-wallet-gen.zip) = 7e8923a66f8165b890177a34559b694c
- Extract the zip file, which contains: slacko64-6.3.0.iso, Rufus-2.11.exe, monero-wallet-generator-master (dir), and this ReadMe.txt.
- Make a bootable USB of the ISO using Rufus 2.11. Agree to all the default settings in the dialog boxes.
- Drag the monero-wallet-generator-master directory to the USB drive.
- Reboot using the USB into PuppyLinux (hold down F12 during boot to select boot drive)
press f12 repeatedly on startup
- Open the monero-wallet-generator.html file in the directory, generate the wallet seed and keys
- Save the seed, address and keys to the second USB drive. Copy/paste, don't type. This is you digital vault, not to be used until fund extraction.
- Write down the seed three times on a single sheet of paper. This is your physical vault.
- Save the address (and maybe viewkey) to the third USB drive. This is your address usb, which can be used with relative abandon.
- Remove second and third USB drives.
- Wipe the first USB drive (containing the wallet generator and linux), or destroy it.
- Remove all USB drives.
- Reboot, reconnect internet.
You now have a cold wallet!